LTE to 5G Transition
PI is well adapted to simulate 5G and LTE networks:
- The upstream wifi network from the master PI acts as the core network. You connect to the internet.
- The master PI is running the LTE EPC and the 5G CORE components. Some of those of components such
as SGW Gateway are running on the Master PI.
- Some secondary PIs are used to simulate the LTE eNODEb and 5G NR nodes.
5G NR nodes (leveraging the Wifi spectrum).
- The Ethernet cables act as the backhaul network between the EPC and eNodeB/5G NR.
- a PI enabling its WIFI access point acts 5G NR nodes and spectrum.
- a PI enabling its Bluetooth as an Personal Area Network acts an LTE or eLTE eNodeB (and spectrum)
This is lte_to_5g/rpi_wifi_bluetooth tutorial page
This is Bluetooth PAN tutorial page
This is lte_to_5g/lte_and_5g_core_simulation tutorial page
This is lte_to_5g/lte_and_5g_ran_simulation tutorial page
This is lte_to_5g/nsa_and_sa tutorial page
Advanced tutorials and Work In Progress